Hello everybody! Welcome back to Couch Surfer Crochet!
If you’re working on the Changing Chevrons CAL, don’t forget to share it with me on Instagram or Facebook! Some of you who are working on the Crochet Along have said you have too much time in between sections (for some two weeks is too long in between). I thought I’d take a quick peak around the internet and maybe give you all some inspiration or ideas for a couple of new projects to try in the down time!
Since summer is right around the corner here in Tennessee, it is getting pretty warm and humid already. I like to make smaller projects in the summer. And I tend to use a lot more cotton during this time because it’s easier to work with when it’s hot outside.
Here are a few quick and easy patterns I found that seem perfect for the summer!
1. This adorable Water Bottle Carrier. This cutie is perfect for hiking, camping, really just about any awesome outdoor activity you can think of when the weather is gorgeous. This will help keep your hands free when you are out and about. They also make perfect end-of-year teacher gifts!
2. Cotton Sandals made from upcycled flip flops! I’ve got so, so , so many flip flops around my house. I can’t wait to make a few pairs of these as soon as possible in all sorts of colors. I think I’ll try out this Lily Sugar n’ Cream yarn that I just got at the last mega sale at Michaels.
3. While we’re talking about shoes, check out these boots! I absolutely love wearing my ankle boots, but man are they too hot to wear in the summer time. I think this pattern solves that problem perfectly!
4. This cotton potholder is simply stunning. I especially love that color way, but I can picture it in so many different shades! I’m definitely making a few of these to give out as gifts (and a few to keep for myself)!
5. Why not go all in on the gift idea and make all the items in this basket! I love this handmade spa gift basket idea sooo much! I think these would be a big hit with a lot of people in my life.
I’m going to get started on a couple of these things as soon as I get the time this weekend!